Holy Trinity Church, Derbyshire
Holy Trinity Church - formerly a Church of England - was founded in 1886 and closed its doors for services in 2003.
As railways boomed, Peak Dale acquired a measure of importance. In this area was the Peak Forest station of the London, Midland and Scottish railway, a branch off the Bakewell to Buxton line which travelled north to Chapel en le Frith. As befitting its importance, it had three places of worship; Holy Trinity, Wesleyan Methodist (at Great Rocks) as well as Primitive Methodist chapels (at Upper End) built in 1885 and 1887 respectively.
Peak Dale was very much a limestone quarry village in the 1940s, with enough congregational numbers to make this a popular church in its day.
Holy Trinity Church c.1960
Holy Trinity Church church cost £1,500 to build - of stone, in the Modern Gothic Style, consisting of a chancel and nave, and an unfinished western tower, containing one bell; an organ was provided in 1902, and there were sittings for 200 persons. In 1890 a burial ground of half an acre, granted by F.W. BAGSHAWE, esq. was consecrated by the Bishop of Southwell. AS of 2010 it was declared an 'unsafe building' and closed for good to the public.
A 'conversion to dwellings' application was submitted by Mr A. Roberts in June 2018 to High Peak Borough Council with planning permission approved in October 2019.