ARTHOG-Salem Methodist Chapel (Wesleyan), Wales
Visited in 2018 with Kat (Obscure Serenity) on a trip around Wales this chapel was just one more chapel on the to-do list like so many others dotted around Wales.
Salem Methodist Chapel was built in 1833 and rebuilt in 1868 in the Gothic syle of the gable-entry type, by architect Thomas Thomas of Landore. Salem closed in 1973 and has remained disused in to the prsent day.
The chapel itself is in a parlous state, the roof has collapsed allowing floods of light to illuminate the interior greens and blues giving an almoast magical feel. Hence, one of its names being the green/blue chapel amongst exploring circles. Ivy has sneaked inside and the pews have become rotten and unusable.
A supremely photogenic chapel awaits its fate as it slowly crumbles to the ground.